Friday, September 12, 2008

Day 15

Last night was great but, this morning was not so great. Getting up was really hard considering it was super early and then at breakfast we found out that the bus had not been repaired from when it had broken down a few nights ago and so we had to wait about another hour or so until the bus came. This bus was a lot smaller and we could barely fit all our luggage and us on there. We also had to say goodbye to Carrie which was a very sad moment but we also picked up Marcela and of course Cynthia and it is always exciting to gain new faces to the group. On the flip side the trip was so uncomfortable because we were so cramped. We did stop for lunch and unfortunately there were not very many options and so I ate McDonald’s… ew! All I can really say is that it was a very very long ride and I was extremely glad after the 11 hours of driving were over. By the time we reached Villarrica I was so tired, but a meal had been prepared for us at our “ruka” (it is a hut-like cabin, kind of like a hostel). The meal was very authentic and delicious, so I was glad that I ate but still passed out when we were finally able to sleep.

No comments: